- The Mariolopoulos – Kanaginis Foundation for the Environmental Sciences after consulting with all reviewers has decided to split the “WMO Professor Mariolopoulos Trust Fund Award” between the following two papers:
1. “Sources of particulate-matter air pollution and its oxidative potential in Europe” by Kaspar R. Daellenbach, Gaëlle Uzu, Jianhui Jiang, Laure-Estelle Cassagnes, Zaira Leni, Athanasia Vlachou, Giulia Stefenelli, Francesco Canonaco, Samuël Weber, Arjo Segers, Jeroen J. P. Kuenen, Martijn Schaap, Olivier Favez, Alexandre Albinet, Sebnem Aksoyoglu, Josef Dommen, Urs Baltensperger, Marianne Geiser, Imad El Haddad, Jean-Luc Jaffrezo & André S. H. Prévôt, published in Nature, (2020).
2. “Investigating the impact of atmosphere–wave–ocean interactions on a Mediterranean tropical-like cyclone” by G. Varlas, V. Vervatis, C. Spyrou, E. Papadopoulou, A. Papadopoulos, P. Katsafados, published in Ocean Modelling, (2020).
The Awards will be presented at a ceremony that will take place in Athens. The exact date and place will be decided at a later stage.
- Conference “Context, Causality and Consequences: from robust evidence to timely action in biology, ecology, law and public policy” on 26-27 November, Hybrid event to be held in Bern that ENSSER is co organizing with the Mariolopoulos Kanaginis Foundation for the Environmental Sciences. More information.
- The Decoration of Commander of the Order of Honor was awarded by President of the Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, to the Academician, supervisor of the Research Center for Physics of the Atmosphere and Climatology of the Academy of Athens, Professor Christos Zerefos (link).